By using the Services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy, now and as amended by us.
What information does Domotz collect?
We collect the following categories of information:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, search for networks using our service, sync to the cloud, and when you report a problem. This information may include your name, email address, mailing address and communication preferences in order to help us create your settings to use our products and services.
- Geo-location data: we may collect information such as zip code, area code, referrer URL, approximate location, and the time zone where our products and services are installed to provide our services and to assist you in case of troubleshooting.
- Technical information from your network and devices: we collect technical and diagnostic information about the devices in your network. For instance, we automatically collect the MAC address, maker name and model of your devices, up and down status, operating system version, unique device identifiers and the related software. We also collect real time operating status of your network and its connected devices (i.e. network speed, IP addresses, device event information such as disconnections, system activity, hardware settings, the date and time of your requests) and the related diagnostics information. We may process information from your devices so that we can send you alerts when something happens. We may also use this data as described below; for example, we may use the data in aggregated format for statistical and research purposes to show you how your network performance compares with other users in your area.
- Environmental data:We may collect data from sensors or devices which may be present in your network, such as data on whether something in the room is moving, temperature data, and the occurrence of smoke or CO alarms in order to deliver such information to you or to security services during the use of our products and services.
- Collaboration and remote connectivity data:One of the features of Domotz is to provide you, or people enabled by you, to remotely connect to your network via secure sessions. For example, you (or others you allow) could be accessing your home PC remotely via our Remote Desktop feature or you could login remotely into the configuration page of your router or any of your home devices. We do not view or access any of your devices remotely without prior authorization by you or from your support provider that has obtained your consent.
- Information we may receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use the Services. We work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
How does Domotz use the information it collects?
We may use the information we collect to provide, develop and improve our products and services, such as for:
- Providing you with products, services, or information you request, for example when you contact us for remote support and troubleshooting;
- Making assessments and recommendations about products, services and safety;
- Providing you with information our products and services or the required notices;
- Customizing your experience when using our products and services;
- Improving the products and services that we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to your needs and preferences;
- Internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Delivering marketing communications about Domotz-related services, products or promotions and to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing. We may use service providers to send these messages on our behalf, but we do not share your email address with any other third parties without your permission; and
- Detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the products and services.
We may also combine or aggregate in anonymized or non-personally identifiable format any of the information collected through the use of the Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes and for research, statistical and business purposes.
In what circumstances does Domotz share my data?
The following are the situations where we may share your data:
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
- Domotz partners and third party developers: We may share deidentified data for research, statistical, and business purposes. Additionally, to improve their software, hardware and services designed for use with our products and services, Domotz may provide any such partner or third party developer with information that is relevant to that partner’s or developer’s software, hardware and/or services, as long as the diagnostic information is in a form that does not personally identify you.
- Business Transitions: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal.
How do the Services interact with third parties?
When you choose to connect third-party products and services through Domotz products and services, you are shown details about proposed exchange(s) of data between Domotz products and services and the third party that is providing the products or service. In some cases, Domotz Services or the third party will instead (or also) ask for permission to control the products that you have connected. Domotz products and services may receive and process information from third parties, and some of this information may be associated or stored with your Domotz account.
How and where does Domotz process information?
Domotz users residing in the United States will have their information sent to Domotz Cloud servers located in the United States when transmitting information in the United States.
Domotz users residing in Europe and the rest of the world will have their information sent to Domotz Cloud servers based in the European Union when transmitting information from outside of the United States.
How long does Domotz save my data and how can I delete it?
Domotz generally stores your data on Domotz’s cloud servers for as long as you remain a Domotz customer in order to provide you with Domotz services and products and for legal compliance purposes. You can view and edit your information on the Domotz web or mobile application. You can delete your personal data at any time by terminating your account or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain de-identified data indefinitely.
How does Domotz keep my information secure?
We take security seriously and care about the integrity of your data. We use administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, including encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
What are my choices?
If you no longer wish to receive non-transactional communications or marketing communications, please click the “unsubscribe” link in any email from us, update your preferences in your account, or contact us at the address below.
You can also request access to your data by contacting us at the address below. Please note that some requests may be subject to a small fee.
The Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Updates to this Policy
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or writing to Unit 1.24 Grand Union Studios, 332 Ladbroke Grove, W10 5AD, England